1. How did you get your start as a stylist?
Moved to london age 17 to start course in fashion journalism and styling, but ended up working my way up the ladder in magazines instead. A very long internship turned into my first full time magazine role and the rest is history.
2. How do you stay up to date with current trends?
Social media – instagram/pinterest addiction!! even if i cant be at the shows, i will immerse myself in each season – watching videos of runway to get a the truest feeling for each collection. stories emerge pretty quickly!!
3. What are your favourite Australian labels?
Bassike, Ellery, Jac & Jack
4. How is your styling unqiue from other stylists?
I like a certain rawness in the clothes – starchy perfection is definitely not my thing!! i love a drape in the clothes – a bit sexier! I also love a high/low mix in my styling and a clever/ironic placement of the ordinary back with luxury (white socks and adventure shoes are two of my favourites!)
5. Favourite photographer you have worked with?
Gilles Bensimon – iconic french photographer responsible for so many memorable shots of Elle McPherson in the 80s/French Elle era. It was a dream come true to shoot with him for Elle Australia and i really respect how true he is to his style – a true artist
6. Favourite model you have worked with?
Charlee Fraser – homegrown indigenous superstar and best haircut
7. What is the best part of your job?
Travel – I have been to some pretty amazing spots and getting to collaborate creatively every day with like minded, fun people