1. How did you get your start in the industry?
I began as an assistant make-up artist and quickly realised there were fewer hairstylists in the fashion industry
at the time. So I jumped ship, completed my hairdressing apprenticeship and it all unfolded from there.
2. Who inspires you?
My beautiful friends and family.
3. Favourite thing about working with the Seafolly Crew?
The spirit of camaraderie.
4. Which hair products and tools are always in your kit?
I couldn’t work on a Seafolly campaign without my ¾ inch tong, my YS Park comb kit, Elnett hairspray, and Oribe creams.
5. Favourite model you have worked with?
Gemma Ward on my first Australian Vogue cover.
6. How do we achieve the perfect beach wave?
The easiest way to achieve a DIY beach wave is to divide damp hair into 3 – 5 sections (depending on your hair’s thickness)
and twist into knots, secure with a pin, and allow to dry. Release and massage a hair cream into mid-lengths and ends to moisturise and separate into ribbons. Lightly shake and finish with a spritz of hairspray
7. If you weren’t in hair, what else would you do?
Anything creative really. My latest hobbies are building and gardening, as an avid watcher of the TV show Grand Designs,
I plan to build my own house someday.